Moroccan Quinoa Salad
good for vegetarians"I made this for a 'thank you' luncheon for a good friend. A lot of the prep was stuff I could do ahead of time (making the dressing, chopping the onions and garlic, slicing the tomatoes, etc.). I've only recently discovered quinoa, and recipes like this will keep me hooked! Thanks, Christa!" - BlueJayPie
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 30 minutes
16 people trying soon
Moroccan Quinoa Salad Preparation
Moroccan Lemon Dressing
Whisk 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tbsp plain yogurt, 1 1/2 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp each: cumin, cinnamon and ground ginger into a bowl.
Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil till smooth and emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1. Toast quinoa in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often until in becomes aromatic and begins to crackle (about 5 min). Transfer to a fine sieve and rinse thoroughly.
2. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until golden (about 1 min).
3. Add apricots and the quinoa: continue cooking, stirring often until the quinoa has dried out and turned light golden (3-4 min).
4. Add water and salt, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer uncovered, until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed (15-18 min).
5. Meanwhile, make Moroccan- spiced dressing.
6. Transfer quinoa to a medium bowl and toss with 1/3 cup of dressing. Let cool for about 10 min.
7. Just before serving, add tomatoes and onion to the quinoa, toss to coat.
8. Toss spinach with the remaining 1/3 cup dressing in a large bowl. Divide the spinach among 4 equal parts.
9. Mound the quinoa salad on the spinach and sprinkle with almonds.
It's good to make extra dressing to add if anyone wants it.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Moroccan Quinoa Salad Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.