1 people want to try | 1 have favorited
1. In a bowl, combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
2. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with some of the melted butter. Unroll phyllo dough sheets (keep dough covered with plastic wrap while assembling.)
3. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in baking dish. Brush with butter. Top with second sheet, brush with butter. Fold short ends under to fit the dish. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of nut mixture. Repeat 18 times, layering two sheets, brushing with butter and sprinkling with nut mixture. Top with remaining dough. Brush with butter. Cut into 2 inch diamonds with a sharp knife.
4. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
5. For syrup, combine the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Pour over warm baklava. Cool on a wire rack.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Walnut Baklava. Be the first to review it!