Smoked Salmon Cheesecake Appetizer (via Vicki)
Verified by stevemur
|-- Walnut Crust --|
|2 cupsFrench bread crumbs|
|1/2 cupChopped walnuts; toasted|
|1 stickButter; plus extra for greasing|
|1/4 cupGruyere; shredded|
|1 teaspoonDried dill; or 1 Tbs. fresh, chopped|
|-- Filling --|
|3 tablespoonButter; or much less, see instructions|
|1 mediumOnion; minced|
|1 1/2 poundsCream cheese; room temp -- 3 large blocks|
|1/3 cupHalf-and-half cream; fat free ok|
|1/2 cupGruyere; shredded|
|1/4 teaspoonWhite pepper|
|9 ounceSmoked salmon; finely chopped|
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake Appetizer (via Vicki) Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and blend thoroughly. Press evenly into the bottom and 2 inches up the side of a well buttered 10 inch springform (9 1/2 inch ok; 9 is a bit small). Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saute pan. Add the minced onion and let sweat over a medium heat til softened, about 3-5 minutes. Do NOT allow them to color (can also just do this in the microwave with a tiny amount of olive oil instead of the butter).
4. In a mixer, combine softened cream cheese and half and half til smooth (can use fat free half and half). Add onion, gruyere, salt and pepper. Add eggs, one at a time, combining briefly after each.
5. Fold in the salmon.
6. Transfer mixture to chilled crust.
7. Bake in reheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or til top is golden brown.
8. Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to gradually cool in the oven.
9. Remove from cooled oven and place on a rack to cool completely.
10. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
11. Cute a small circle in the middle, then cut small wedge all around to serve.
12. Place slices of cocktail sized pumpernickel around the sides.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Smoked Salmon Cheesecake Appetizer (via Vicki). Be the first to review it!