1 people want to try | 4 have favorited
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and blend thoroughly. Press evenly into the bottom and 2 inches up the side of a well buttered 10 inch springform (9 1/2 inch ok; 9 is a bit small). Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saute pan. Add the minced onion and let sweat over a medium heat til softened, about 3-5 minutes. Do NOT allow them to color (can also just do this in the microwave with a tiny amount of olive oil instead of the butter).
4. In a mixer, combine softened cream cheese and half and half til smooth (can use fat free half and half). Add onion, gruyere, salt and pepper. Add eggs, one at a time, combining briefly after each.
5. Fold in the salmon.
6. Transfer mixture to chilled crust.
7. Bake in reheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or til top is golden brown.
8. Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to gradually cool in the oven.
9. Remove from cooled oven and place on a rack to cool completely.
10. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
11. Cute a small circle in the middle, then cut small wedge all around to serve.
12. Place slices of cocktail sized pumpernickel around the sides.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Smoked Salmon Cheesecake Appetizer (via Vicki). Be the first to review it!