Sweet Potato And Parsnip Soup
A simple yet delicious recipe for a warm, wholesome soup with great flavour and colour. Perfect for a wet, cold evening in front of the fire!"I decided to make this soup after ordering it in a restaurant in my local town and immediately fell in love with the sweet, homely taste. I searched online after eating it for any recipes and after mixing around with ingredients and seasoning, i came up with this - my own recipe! I must say, it tastes exactly the same, maybe even better, than the original one that inspired me and i can't wait to make it again :)" - avril-2408
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
137 people trying soon
Verified by twojocks
Sweet Potato And Parsnip Soup Preparation
1. In a large saucepan, toss all the vegetables in the Olive Oil until slightly brown and softened.
2. After 5-10 minutes, add the Vegetable Stock and bring to the boil.
3. Add the roughly chopped Garlic cloves and Coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Turn down the heat slightly and cover the saucepan. Leave vegetables to absorb the flavours and simmer for about 25 minutes.
5. Using a hand blender, blend the vegetables until a thick, smooth soup is formed (leave some chunks of vegetables if you prefer). If the consistency is too thick for your liking, simply add more stock or hot water.
6. Serve hot with a garnish of parsley and/or croutons. Serve some warm brown bread as an accompaniment. Enjoy!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Sweet Potato And Parsnip Soup Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.