Lobster Tails with Clarified Butter
Lobster Tails with Clarified Butter Preparation
1. Light the coals in a fire pit 1 hour before cooking or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
2. Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut through the top shell lengthwise.
3. Cut a slit through the meat lengthwise taking care not to cut through the bottom shell. Gently pull the shells apart.
4. Thread a skewer, starting at the underside base of the tail, along the inside of the bottom shell.
5. In a small, heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat.
6. Pour the mixture into a 2-cup glass measuring jug. Let the melted butter stand for 5 minutes. Using a spoon, remove the foam from the top of the butter.
7. Place the lemon zest in small bowl. Pour the clarified butter over the lemon zest and discard the milk solids left in the bottom of the jug.
8. Brush the meat with 1/4 cup of the clarified butter. Wrap the lobster tails in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the lobster meat is opaque.
9. Place the remaining clarified butter in a butter warmer or dipping bowl. Remove the meat from the lobster shells and dip in the Clarified Butter.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Lobster Tails with Clarified Butter. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven