Ready in 1 hour
Cold cooked rice is the secret to delicious fried rice. Here’s a quick and flavorful way to use leftover rice. Pork loin, ham, tofu or shrimp, if tolerated, can be substituted for chicken. Modified for my family
"Absolutely delicious!! I added some zucchini and substituted water chestnuts for the sprouts. This would be terrific with shrimp or tofu also. My husband can't wait for me to fix this again!"- proverbs31teacher
134 people want to try | 115 have favorited
1. Cut chicken into ½-inch cubes.
2. In a wok, heat oil over high heat. Stir-fry chicken, onion and carrots until carrots are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add peas or edamame, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add rice, stock, green onions, mushrooms, sesame oil, and salt. Stir-fry until hot, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in bean sprouts and heat 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Don't forget to cook the rice ahead of time. I serve bean sprouts separately for those who don't like.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
proverbs31teacher 1 year agoAbsolutely delicious!! I added some zucchini and substituted water chestnuts for the sprouts. This would be terrific with shrimp or tofu also. My husband can't wait for me to fix this again!
Damiensilveira 2 years agoVery good dish. Added 4 T gluten free soy sauce and 1/4 cup water chestnuts and it was even better.
jennq78 2 years agoI posted this recipe. Love how easy and filling it is. This recipe goes a long way!