Gluten free, Dairy Free Chicken Fried Rice
Cold cooked rice is the secret to delicious fried rice. Here’s a quick and flavorful way to use leftover rice. Pork loin, ham, tofu or shrimp, if tolerated, can be substituted for chicken. Modified for my family"Absolutely delicious!! I added some zucchini and substituted water chestnuts for the sprouts. This would be terrific with shrimp or tofu also. My husband can't wait for me to fix this again!" - proverbs31teacher
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 1 days, 6 hours
112 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|1 poundchicken breast; boneless, thighs can be used|
|1 tablespooncanola oil|
|1 mediumonion; chopped|
|2 mediumcarrots; sliced|
|1 cupshelled peas; frozen, edamame can be used|
|1 tablespoonginger; fresh, grated|
|3 clovegarlic; minced|
|4 cuplong grain rice; cooked and cooled|
|1/4 cupchicken stock; gluten free, or vegetable stock gluten free|
|2 eachgreen onions; chopped|
|1 cupcremini mushrooms; sliced|
|1 teaspoontoasted sesame oil|
|1 teaspooncoarse salt|
|2 cupbean sprouts; canned|
Gluten free, Dairy Free Chicken Fried Rice Preparation
1. Cut chicken into ½-inch cubes.
2. In a wok, heat oil over high heat. Stir-fry chicken, onion and carrots until carrots are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add peas or edamame, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add rice, stock, green onions, mushrooms, sesame oil, and salt. Stir-fry until hot, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in bean sprouts and heat 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Don't forget to cook the rice ahead of time. I serve bean sprouts separately for those who don't like.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?