Garlic Naan Bread
Naan is a leavened, oven-baked flatbread. It is one of the most popular varieties of South Asian breads and is particularly popular in India, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, the Xinjiang Autonomous Region of China, and Indian restaurants in the United Kingdom and New Zealand."This is as good as it gets. Super easy and super tasty. This is now a regular in our house and also use it for fresh naan kebabs. The only difference we do is we cook the bread in a skillet and not the oven. " - Fatdruggyelvis
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 275 people 230 people want to try
Garlic Naan Bread Preparation
first make paste by using butter, garlic, coriender and pinch of salt.
1) Take flour in big bowl and add yeast, sugar, salt, milk and yogurt and knead for 5 minute by adding warm water little by little as needed.
2) Leave for 1 hour covered with towel at warm place.
3) After one hour take out air from dough by patting.
4) Divide dough into 6 equal parts and make balls.
5) Now roll one ball into a 7 inch round.
6) Give hints of butter on top and put in very hot oven on wire rack not in a try. Save from direct heat from down side.
7) Take out when it has some brown spots and brush some spots with garlic butter again put in oven for one or two more minutes. Take out and cover with kitchen towel. Do same with all dough balls and serve hot with curries.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Garlic Naan Bread Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven