San Francisco Shrimp
Spicy shrimp in a red sauce"Move over Red Lobster, this spicy sweet dish is a shrimp lovers fantasy! I don't like spicy things as a rule but the flavor is so wonderfully balanced that I loved it!" - axelilly
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 30 minutes
favorite of 300 people 274 people want to try
|2 poundsjumbo shrimp; shelled|
|5 stalksscallions; finely chopped|
|8 clovesgarlic; finely chopped|
|5 slicesginger root; finely chopped|
|2-3 podsdried red chili peppers; crushed|
|1 Tbspcooking sherry|
|1 tspsoy sauce|
San Francisco Shrimp Preparation
1. Dry the shrimp with paper towels and dust with cornstarch in a large bowl.
2. Pour about a inch of cooking oil in the bottom of a wok.
3. Deep fry shrimp in batches until pink and slightly golden
4. Remove shrimp to a separate plate
5. Ladle a bit of oil from the wok to a non-stick skillet.
6. Heat and add scallions, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper mix
7. Stir and cook one minute
8. Pour sauce ingredients into the sauce ingredients into the skillet, stir until bubbly.
9. Return shrimp into the skillet, mix well.
10. Serve over a bed of rice.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
San Francisco Shrimp Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven