Spicy Turmeric Ground Beef and Potatos
A spicy ground beef with green peppers and potatos. Ground lamb can also be used."I think we made it really spicy but it wAs REALLY good!!! easy And quick. The dash of water should be 2 cups. The meal was delightful. " - Austinmartinez0707
Yield: 8 Servings Ready in 1 hours, 30 minutes
40 people trying soon
|2 - 1/2 poundslean ground beef|
|1 largeonion; chopped|
|8 clovesgarlic; minced|
|8 slicesginger; minced|
|5 podsdried chili pepper; crushed|
|2 largepotatoes; sliced|
|2 mediumgreen peppers; cubed|
|2 Tbspground turmeric powder|
|1 tspLaxmi red chili powder|
|1 tspblack mustard seed|
|1 tspcumin powder|
|1/2 tspground cinnamon|
|1 jalapeno pepper; minced|
|1/2 tspblack pepper|
|1 Tbspcooking oil|
|water; as needed|
Spicy Turmeric Ground Beef and Potatos Preparation
1. Fry chopped onions in cooking oil. Add spice mixture and any optional items, along with garlic, ginger and red chile pepper. Cook the spices for a twenty seconds or so.
2. Add the ground beef, separating it with a spatula while browning.
3. Add potatos and green pepper, and a dash of water.
4. Lower heat to medium low, and cook 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, watching the liquid level.
5. The dish is finished when the liquid is almost absorbed.
6. Serve over steamed rice.
The degree of browning at the end is a preference. Some like it slightly browner, others like it a little more soupy.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Spicy Turmeric Ground Beef and Potatos Reviews
I think we made it really spicy but it wAs REALLY good!!! easy And quick. The dash of water should be 2 cups. The meal was delightful.
1 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 10 hours, 23 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.