South African Curry (Perfect for Vetkoek)
Found on Rainbow cooking. This is specifically for Vetkoek, but it works beautifully as curry and rice. I make mine with ground chicken.
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 1 hours
11 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|1 largeonion; chopped|
|1 teaspoongarlic; minced|
|400 gchicken; ground|
|1 1/2 teaspoonginger; ground|
|2 teaspoonssugar; brown|
|1 teaspooncurry powder; mild|
|1 1/2 teaspoontumeric; ground|
|2 teaspoonjam; apricot|
|2 teaspoonworcester sauce|
|2 teaspoontomato paste|
|1 potato; peeled and cubed|
South African Curry (Perfect for Vetkoek) Preparation
1. Heat the spices gently in a heavy saucepan.
2. Add butter and onion and fry until soft.
3. Add garlic and fry for a minute or so.
4. Add mince, sultanas, chutney, apricot jam, vinegar, worcester sauce and tomato paste.
5. Add cubed potato. Simmer covered for at least ½ hour.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for South African Curry (Perfect for Vetkoek). Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.