Pioneer Macaroni & Cheese (Betty Crocker, with egg)
This recipe is one I grew up with. It is from the 1950's ring-bound Betty Crocker cookbook. I have seen lots of Pioneer Mac & Cheese recipes online, but none of them include egg. This may have been a modification to the cookbook for a mid-50's printing, but I think it adds a lot to the texture and taste. It also adds a bit more protein to the dish. It's delicious!
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 55 minutes
14 people trying soon
Pioneer Macaroni & Cheese (Betty Crocker, with egg) Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees
2. Place pasta in buttered casserole dish.
3. Scatter the cheese over the pasta
4. Mix the milk, eggs, salt and pepper.
5. Pour milk mixture over pasta and cheese.
6. Sprinkle with paprika (optional)
Bake 40 to 50 minutes until golden brown on top.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Pioneer Macaroni & Cheese (Betty Crocker, with egg). Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.