Ready in 1 hour
Tasty chicken dish which makes a great dinner for company, but is easy enough for a weekday meal for the family. Most of the prep work can be done a day or two in advance, so making it is quick and easy. Easy to do, but looks and tastes like it's time-consuming and complicated. It also reheats very well.
"Just had this for dinner tonight; with some alterations, it was really delicious. We used 2 breasts instead of just one, replaced peppers with peas, and added mushrooms and a clove of garlic. We'll definitely be making it again!"- KittyChaos
Prep work that can be done ahead of time:
- Cook chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Smoking and cooking the chicken on wood grill adds excellent flavor to this dish.
- Fry bacon or cook in microwave until crispy, cool and crumble to make bacon bits.
- Slice green pepper into bit size pieces
Start Pasta or Rice:
- Cook to package directions
- In a large pan, saute green pepper lightly in oil, only about 1 minute, to keep the green pepper firm, rather than soft. Remove and reserve
- Brown/heat chicken pieces in pan, just until heated through. Cook only until heated through. Remove and reserve.
- Add cream, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup bacon, thyme, and pepper to pan (reduce heat). Simmer until cream sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes, stiring and scrapping bottom of pan frequently.
- Add sauted green pepper and chicken pieces to sauce in pan, mix.
To serve: Spoon chicken mixture onto spaghetti; top with 1/4 cup bacon
This is good served over rice instead of pasta. Can substitute pea pods for the green pepper, or add some red pepper for color.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
shelly_carroll 2 months agoI would recommend making a rue so the sauce gets thick because it did not get as thick as I would like. It was very good. I also sautéed the chicken with seasoning so it would have more flavors.
KittyChaos 12 months agoJust had this for dinner tonight; with some alterations, it was really delicious. We used 2 breasts instead of just one, replaced peppers with peas, and added mushrooms and a clove of garlic. We'll definitely be making it again!
dnblynn 1 year ago
LizMartin1530 1 year agoIt was ok.
angelalaw 1 year agoNo ingredient list that says how much of what. Would have loved to try or!
monicagomez 1 year ago
spellchick84 1 year agoDelicious, but extremely unhealthy.
Kaz20 1 year agoPeppers in this just not to my taste otherwise good.
stephanieblayne 2 years ago
hollirussell 2 years agoVery cheesy thick sauce. I did add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and used light cream instead of heavy cream. Delicious! Thanks
mamacita08 2 years agoThis is a great recipe! I added a little extra salt and pepper at the end but otherwise kept it as is. Kids didn't like the 'green bits' but they ate around them. Husband raved and asked me to keep the recipe.
Atrus5 2 years agoEasy to make and tasted great.
shanewing 2 years agodidn't have a bell pepper... used cooked chicken left-over from a slow cooker meal earlier in the week. deglazed the pan with a little white wine between the meats and the sauce. pretty tastey. :)
Hobie92 2 years agoDelicious recipe. Luv it.