The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl. I often use charcoal chuck steak, which is very tender and lean. I also like that it doesn't call for any unusual ingredients.
by Chris from Kansas"I subbed fresh mushrooms for the onion and this came out as one of the best tasting dishes I've made! However, unless you have all your meat and veggies precut this takes way longer than 15 minutes active time" - bkittybaby
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 25 minutes
833 people trying soon
|3 tbsp.Cornstarch; , divided|
|1/2 c.Water; , plus|
|2 tbsp.Water; , divided|
|1/2 tsp.Garlic powder|
|1 lb.Boneless Round Steak; , or Charcoal Chuck Steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips|
|2 tbsp.Vegetable oil; , divided|
|4 c.Broccoli Florets|
|1 Small Onion; , cut into wedges|
|1/3 c.Soy sauce|
|2 tbsp.Brown Sugar|
|1 tsp.Ground Ginger|
|Hot Cooked Rice|
The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry Preparation
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Serve over rice.
25 min | 15 min prep
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?