Family Style White Bread
This recipe is from the series "My Great Recipes". First bread recipe I ever tried. :-)"Today I made bread again using this recipe. I used by mixer with paddle and dough hook since I am unable to mix or knead by hand. This has turned out to be my favorite as the bread is absolutely delicious and does freeze well using heavy duty tin foil. " - sunnygal
Yield: 2 Loaves Ready in 1 hours, 15 minutes
29 people trying soon
Family Style White Bread Preparation
1. Measure yeast, 2 cups of the flour, sugar, salt and oil into large mixing bowl, blending well. Stir in hot water and mix with spoon until mixture is smooth and satiny.
2. Slowly add 3 cups more flour, mixing til dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Cover. Let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and satiny.
4. Place dough in greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, let rise in warm draft free place for about 1 1/2 hours until dough doubles in side.
5. Punch dough down. Divide dough into 2 parts. Shape each into a loaf and place into 2 greased bread pans. Let rise again for about 1 1/2 hours until doubled.
6. Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes or til loaves sound like they are hollow when tapped and are golden in color.
7. Remove from pans right away and brush with melted butter.
8. (For Raisin Bread-Stir in 1 to 1 1/2 cups raisins before shaping into loaves.).
9. (For Cinnamon Loaf-To shape, roll dough out to a 14x17 inch rectangle. Sprinkle with mixture of 2 Tbsp sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon. Roll up tightly to make loaf. Let rise and bake as for plain loaf.
1� hours | 35 min prep
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?