Verified by stevemur
Apple Dumplings Preparation
1. Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Add vegetable shortening and blend with pastry blender.
3. Add milk and knead.
4. Divide into 6 balls.
5. Roll a ball into a circle large enough to encompass the apples you are using. Place an apple in the center of the dough circle. If apples are tart, add a little sugar to the center hole of the apple.
6. Carefully wrap dough around apple and press edges to seal.
7. Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
8. Repeat steps 5 through 7 for remainder of apples.
9. Freeze apples.
10. Once frozen, the dumplings can be transferred to a freezer bag without them sticking together.
Baking and Topping
1. Combine all topping ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Pour over dumplings that have been placed in a 9x11 pan (if baking all 6 - smaller pan for fewer dumplings)
3. Bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes until browned.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Apple Dumplings. Be the first to review it!