5 people want to try | 5 have favorited
1. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over low heat; stir
in rum. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter mixture. Remove from heat.
2. Sprinkle pecans evenly over brown sugar mixture. Cut bananas in half
crosswise; cut each half lengthwise into 3 slices. Arrange banana slices in
a spoke pattern over pecans. Cut 6 cherries in half. Place 1 cherry half
between each banana slice. Place remaining whole cherry in center of
3. Beat remaining 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a large
bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add egg yolks, 1
at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add milk, sour
cream, and vanilla, beating just until blended. Combine baking mix and
cinnamon. Add cinnamon mixture to milk mixture, beating just until blended.
4. Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks
form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar until stiff
peaks form. Fold into batter. Spread batter evenly over bananas in skillet.
5. Bake at 350? for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean. Cool in skillet on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert
cake onto a serving plate.
Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Bananas Foster Upside-Down Coffee Cake. Be the first to review it!