Glazed Lemon Bread
Try this Glazed Lemon Bread recipe, or contribute your own. "Brunch" and "Bake" are two of the tags cooks chose for Glazed Lemon Bread.
Yield: 12 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 0 people 4 people want to try
Glazed Lemon Bread Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 1 9x5 inch
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light
and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each
addition, then stir in the lemon peel. In a separate bowl, sift together
the flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Blend the flour mixture into the egg mixture, alternately with the milk;
stir just to combine. Fold in the nuts; mixing just enough to evenly
combine. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted
into center of loaf comes out clean.
5. In a small bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons sugar in the lemon juice. After
loaf has cooled for 10 minutes, spoon glaze over loaf.
WW 4 points
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Glazed Lemon Bread. Be the first to review it!
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven