I make a variety of scone flavors, the lemon combinations seem to be the most popular. I usually split my dough so that I can have two varieties out of one batch of dough. This recipe uses lemon and white chocolate chips and lemon and blueberry."Excellent recipe! We followed it as written and were quite pleased with the results. The scones were crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, not too sweet and the sour cream added just the right tinge of tang to make them totally scrumptious! We only made the lemon-blueberry combination but the recipe lends itself very easily to modifications and different flavorings. We are looking forward to trying other variations." - sgrishka
Yield: 16 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
166 people trying soon
Verified by twojocks
|1 3/4 cupsAll Purpose Flour|
|2 teaspoonsBaking Powder|
|1 Lemon; grated and juiced|
|5 TablespoonsUnsalted Butter; chilled and cubed|
|1/3 cupWhite Chocolate Chips|
|1/3 cupDried Blueberries; softened in hot water and drained|
|1/4 cupSour Cream|
|1 Egg; beaten|
|1/2 teaspoonLemon Extract|
|2 packetsTrue Lemon (crystallized lemon)|
Lemon Scones Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Blend sour cream and lemon juice into crumb mixture.
4. Divide dough in half.
5. Stir white chocolate chips into one half and blueberries into the other half.
6. Turn out dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into an 8" circle about 1/2" thick. Place on baking sheet. With a knife or spatula cut dough into 1/8ths.
7. Whisk egg and paint on top of dough with pastry brush. Sprinkle tops with True Lemon and raw sugar.
8. Allow dough rounds to rest at least 10 minutes.
9. Bake for12 minutes or until golden brown. Move to wire racks to cool.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Lemon Scones Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.