Ready in 25 minutes
Simple and quick with a great flavor. (11)
"This was absolutely devine! I cut a pocket in the chicken then stuffed with provolone cheese, chopped mushrooms, garlic, sour cream, bacon pieces and fresh chives & parsley. Browned and then placed on a rack and baked to finish. Topped off with fresh parmesan cheese, garlic bits from skillet and parsley. Paired with angel hair pasta seasoned with the gravy made from the pan drippings, garlic and olive oil. Will be making this one again! "- 1horse4me
Top-ranked recipe named "Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken"
- Cook bacon in large skillet till crisp, remove bacon and crumble.
- Place bacon and cheese on one half of the breast.
- Place the other half of chicken breast over on top of the bacon and cheese.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat bacon grease to med-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 mins per side.
- Reduce heat to med-low.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins or until done.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch into chicken broth.
- Add to skillet and bring to boil, stirring.
- Cook 3 mins until thickened.
- Add parsley.
- To serve spoon over chicken.
abaney 21 hours agoGreasy takes time not very good
katkak 1 month agoVery good
briane27 2 months agoThis was really good. Cooking in the bacon grease is paramount
sbentley12 6 months agoDelicious!
corrinnepace 7 months agoI thought the chicken might turn out rubbery being covered and cooked, but it was tender. A little too salty, so I'll omit the salt sprinkles sinethe little bit of bacon grease I cooked it in will impart enough salt to the chicken and gravy. The gravy was amazing to dip oven fries in!
amwils 8 months ago
Kristi130 8 months agoThis was a very tasty dish. I added sautéed mushrooms and onions to the stuffed chicken and served it with corn. I also seasoned the chicken with garlic powder along with the salt, pepper and paprika. Very very delicious!
cdillard 9 months ago
KBlue7415 9 months agoDelicious. But next time we'll leave off the gravy.
WendyJacobs1 9 months agoI made this tonight it was amazing !!!!!