Ready in 1 hour
This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! Potato pancakes are quick and easy to make.
"Finally, a potato pancake that is easy and delicious. I added corn to one batch and corn and diced turkey to another batch. Thanks for making my leftover dinner a success. :)"- Ghazuka
635 people want to try | 715 have favorited
1. Set your skillet to medium-high temperature and add your oil. If I made bacon with breakfast I will always fry the pancakes in the leftover bacon grease; if I do this I do not add any salt to the mix.
2. In a medium bowl mix the mashed potatoes and egg together until fully mixed.
3. Add flour, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix well - batter should appear thick.
4. Dollop heaping tablespoons onto the heated surface and flatten the batter with a spoon (forming a pancake).
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side (or until golden brown). Once you flip for the first time flatten the cakes down pretty hard with a spatula so the mashed potatoes will flatten and cook better.
This recipe and photo was borrowed from www.mrbreakfast.com; I added more onions and included parsley in my recipe. Also, I know this food isn't only from America, many other countries (Austria and Poland for example) have different varieties of this food - I simply put American to keep it simple.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
ron5760 2 months agoVery good. Family enjoyed this.
okapi1963 7 months agoNice side and able to use leftover mashed potato.
Shougn213 8 months agoI used Onion and Chive Potatoes and cut the onion by half and added Garlic flakes. Yummy!
CoyFishhy 8 months agoYum! I added green peppers as well. Love these!
iimorgans 8 months agoI'm not usually a fan of next day mashed potatoes but always make way to much..perfect way to use the left overs.
jenngirl 8 months agothose are good
dking 8 months ago
kitty00 8 months agoI made a slight improvement by stir frying the onions first b4 mxing, and i put 2 eggs instead of 1. It turned out so yummy and I earned a kiss from hubby too ^^
pylesw 9 months ago
nateamberkeirsten 11 month agoAdd some bisquik and shredded cheese( longhorn). If want really good add some shredded zucchini. Just sayin! Awesome!!!!
klynn11 11 month ago
saffier 1 year agoThese were a hit with my family. I added bacon to the mix and shredded cheddar to some. Both ways were very good and they held together well.
amandaflynn1 1 year agoAwesome
Fourleafclover 1 year agoThe onion was too overpowering, try a pinch of onion powder instead. I did that and it was better
ministermaurethiahoward-hollins 1 year agoI grow up on this!!!!!!!
efranz 1 year agoI added corn and they were just like my Mom made when I was a kid! Thanks.
LaLaReina 1 year agoGreat recipe, simple. I added another spoon of flour & diced up the onions course. My family enjoyed them
Ghazuka 2 years agoFinally, a potato pancake that is easy and delicious. I added corn to one batch and corn and diced turkey to another batch. Thanks for making my leftover dinner a success. :)
russelltim 2 years agoSimple and they turned out pretty good.
rfegles1 2 years agoMight need a bit of tweaking to hold together better, but was still a success for me!