Mashed Potato Pancakes
This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! Potato pancakes are quick and easy to make."Finally, a potato pancake that is easy and delicious. I added corn to one batch and corn and diced turkey to another batch. Thanks for making my leftover dinner a success. :)" - Ghazuka
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 15 minutes
540 people trying soon
Verified by Tammylucas
Mashed Potato Pancakes Preparation
1. Set your skillet to medium-high temperature and add your oil. If I made bacon with breakfast I will always fry the pancakes in the leftover bacon grease; if I do this I do not add any salt to the mix.
2. In a medium bowl mix the mashed potatoes and egg together until fully mixed.
3. Add flour, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix well - batter should appear thick.
4. Dollop heaping tablespoons onto the heated surface and flatten the batter with a spoon (forming a pancake).
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side (or until golden brown). Once you flip for the first time flatten the cakes down pretty hard with a spatula so the mashed potatoes will flatten and cook better.
This recipe and photo was borrowed from www.mrbreakfast.com; I added more onions and included parsley in my recipe. Also, I know this food isn't only from America, many other countries (Austria and Poland for example) have different varieties of this food - I simply put American to keep it simple.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Mashed Potato Pancakes Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.