Ready in 1 hour
This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! Potato pancakes are quick and easy to make.
"Finally, a potato pancake that is easy and delicious. I added corn to one batch and corn and diced turkey to another batch. Thanks for making my leftover dinner a success. :)"- Ghazuka
657 people want to try | 755 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Mashed Potato Pancakes"
1. Set your skillet to medium-high temperature and add your oil. If I made bacon with breakfast I will always fry the pancakes in the leftover bacon grease; if I do this I do not add any salt to the mix.
2. In a medium bowl mix the mashed potatoes and egg together until fully mixed.
3. Add flour, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix well - batter should appear thick.
4. Dollop heaping tablespoons onto the heated surface and flatten the batter with a spoon (forming a pancake).
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side (or until golden brown). Once you flip for the first time flatten the cakes down pretty hard with a spatula so the mashed potatoes will flatten and cook better.
This recipe and photo was borrowed from www.mrbreakfast.com; I added more onions and included parsley in my recipe. Also, I know this food isn't only from America, many other countries (Austria and Poland for example) have different varieties of this food - I simply put American to keep it simple.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
ron5760 5 months agoVery good. Family enjoyed this.
okapi1963 10 months agoNice side and able to use leftover mashed potato.
Shougn213 11 month agoI used Onion and Chive Potatoes and cut the onion by half and added Garlic flakes. Yummy!
CoyFishhy 11 month agoYum! I added green peppers as well. Love these!
iimorgans 11 month agoI'm not usually a fan of next day mashed potatoes but always make way to much..perfect way to use the left overs.
jenngirl 11 month agothose are good
dking 11 month ago
kitty00 11 month agoI made a slight improvement by stir frying the onions first b4 mxing, and i put 2 eggs instead of 1. It turned out so yummy and I earned a kiss from hubby too ^^
pylesw 12 months ago
nateamberkeirsten 1 year agoAdd some bisquik and shredded cheese( longhorn). If want really good add some shredded zucchini. Just sayin! Awesome!!!!
klynn11 1 year ago
saffier 1 year agoThese were a hit with my family. I added bacon to the mix and shredded cheddar to some. Both ways were very good and they held together well.
amandaflynn1 1 year agoAwesome
Fourleafclover 1 year agoThe onion was too overpowering, try a pinch of onion powder instead. I did that and it was better
ministermaurethiahoward-hollins 1 year agoI grow up on this!!!!!!!
efranz 2 years agoI added corn and they were just like my Mom made when I was a kid! Thanks.
LaLaReina 2 years agoGreat recipe, simple. I added another spoon of flour & diced up the onions course. My family enjoyed them
Ghazuka 2 years agoFinally, a potato pancake that is easy and delicious. I added corn to one batch and corn and diced turkey to another batch. Thanks for making my leftover dinner a success. :)
russelltim 2 years agoSimple and they turned out pretty good.
rfegles1 2 years agoMight need a bit of tweaking to hold together better, but was still a success for me!