Chicken Torilla Soup
A brothy hearty, low-fat, Tex-Mex soup that is quick-to-fix and that seems to be enjoyed by both kids and adults. My family loves it with corn bread.
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 40 minutes
favorite of 10 people 10 people want to try
Verified by twojocks
|1/2 wholesweet onion; diced|
|3 clovesgarlic; minced|
|1 tablespoonolive oil|
|2 teaspoonschili powder|
|1 teaspoondried oregano|
|1 28 oz. cancrushed tomatoes|
|1 10 oz. canchicken broth|
|1 cupcorn kernels; canned or frozen|
|1 4 oz. cangreen chile peppers; diced|
|1 15 oz. canblack beans|
|1 lbchicken breast|
|1/4 cupfresh cilantro|
|2 wholetortillas; chopped to bite size pieces|
|1 wholeavocado; slivered or diced|
|1 cupcheese of your choice; shredded|
|1 bunchgreen onions; finely chopped|
|8 teaspoonssour cream|
Chicken Torilla Soup Preparation
1. Turn oven on to 300, chop tortillas into bite size pieces.
2. In medium stock pot, saute onion and garlic with olive oil.
3. Add chicken broth, chicken, chili powder and oregano.
4. When chicken is cooked through, shredd or chop and return to pot.
5. Add crushed tomatoes, corn, green chili peppers, black beans and 1/2 of cilantro.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes or more.
7. While soup simmers, place tortilla pieces in oven on a cooking sheet and brown.
8. Monitor browning tortillas periodically.
9. Serve with browned tortilla pieces, avocado slivers, green onions, shredded cheese and sour cream as toppings
Serve with corn bread.
The browned torilla pieces is what makes this soup special. You could opt for tortilla chips, but they really don't compare to the lightly browned, yet still chewy torilla pieces.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chicken Torilla Soup Reviews
4 months, 1 weeks, 8 hours, 52 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: