|3 cupPasta; cooked, small shells or macaroni|
|1/2 smallOnion; chopped|
|1 cloveGarlic; crushed|
|2 cupsVegetables; grated, various - eg, carrots, zucchini|
|200 gramBaby spinach; washed and chopped|
|1 tablespoonFresh herbs; chopped|
|1 1/2 cupCheddar; grated|
|1/2 cupBacon; or ham, chopped (optional)|
Pasta loaf Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 200?C, line a 23 x 13 cm loaf tin
2. Heat butter and oil in frypan, cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes
3. Add grated vegetables and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
4. Add spinach leaves and herbs, cook for 1 minute until wilted.
5. In a large bowl, whisk the milk and eggs and salt and pepper
6. Stir in the cheese, followed by the onion mix, followed by the pasta.
7. Press the mix firmly into the loaf tin.
8. Bake for 45 minutes until set
9. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in tin before removing.
Cut cooled loaf into slices and freeze for school lunches.
To make this healthier, try wholemeal pasta. Be creative in what you add - it's a good base for using up leftover ingredients.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Pasta loaf. Be the first to review it!
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven