|6 c.French or Italian bread (fresh or day old); 1-inch cubes|
|1 english cucumber; unpeeled|
|1 lg.red pepper; diced|
|1 lg.yellow pepper; diced|
|1 pintcherry or grape tomatoes; halved|
|1/2 sm.red onion; sliced in half-round|
|1/2 lb.feta cheese; cubed|
|1/2 c.calamata olives; pitted|
|2 cloves garlic; minced|
|1 t.dried oregano|
|1/2 t.dijon mustard|
|1/4 c.red wine vinegar|
|1/2 c.olive oil|
|1/2 t.ground pepper|
Panzanella Salad Preparation
1. Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in lg. sauté pan. Add cubed bread and toss till golden brown.
2. Slice cucumber lengthwise and scoop out and discard seeds. Then slice cucumber into bit size pieces.
3. Combine cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and onions into lg. serving bowl.
4. Make vinaigrette: combine garlic, oregano, mustard and red wine in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, add olive oil.
5. Add feta, olives, and bread to bowl. Toss with vinaigrette.
Serve immediately or let salad sit for 30 minutes for flavors to blend then serve at room temperature.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Panzanella Salad. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven