Fajita Enchiladas with Green Chili "Cream" Sauce
Verified by stevemur
Fajita Enchiladas with Green Chili "Cream" Sauce Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in pan over medium heat. Saute onion and green pepper until onions are translucent. Add the garlic and saute for about a minute longer. Add black beans, refried beans, corn, and tomatoes with chilis. Stir until combined and remove from heat.
2. Place the enchilada sauce in a flat bottomed dish (like a pie pan) and place a tortilla on top of the enchilada sauce to slather the toritilla on one side. Place that tortilla "sauce side down" in a 9x 13” baking pan.
3. Place two large spoonfuls (about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup) of the bean mixture in the tortilla and roll shut. Do this to the remaining 7 tortillas. It should use all of the mixture.
4. For cream sauce, heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir for a couple of minutes (you're want to the lose the flour flavor). Add the green chilis and milk; stir until thickened. Add the cumin, salt and pepper.
5. Slather the "cream" sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Heat for 20 to 30 minutes in oven, or until cream sauce is nice and bubbly!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Fajita Enchiladas with Green Chili "Cream" Sauce. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.