0 people want to try | 0 have favorited
1. Combine eggs, buttermilk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & sugar in medium
bowl. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
2. Cut bread on an angle into 3/4" thick slices. thoroughly soak in
egg mixture. Chill, covered, on a baking sheet for 1 hours.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, heat small amount of butter or
oil. Cook slices in batches until golden brown on both sides. Keep
warm in oven on lowest setting until ready to serve. Serve with butter
and Warm Berry Compote.
Warm Berry Compote:
1. In a medium saute pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add sugar &
orange juice; cook until sugar begins to dissolve, about 2 minutes.
2. Add blueberries & cook until they begin to release juice, about 1
minute. Add raspberries, blackberries, & strawberries and cook until
soft & ready to burst, about 2 minutes. Shake pan gently or use a
rubber spatula to stir carefully. Serve immediately.
Excellent recipe--I have tried it!
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Buttermilk French Toast. Be the first to review it!
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!