1 people want to try | 3 have favorited
1. Heat the Olive oil in a Large frying pan until very hot.
2. Add onions and stir until soft and slightly brown.Turn down the heat and add the garlic and Red wine. Leave for 1-2 mins.
3. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, and bay leaves, turn the heat down and leave to simmer for approx 5 mins stirring occasionally. If using fresh tomatoes allow them to reduce slowly, this will take approx 20 mins.
4. Once mixture has simmered add puree and stir in, simmer for a further 5 mins.
5. Remove from the heat and cool. Sauce can be refrigerated for use later on, If using for Pizza topping use a blender until smooth and spread on pizza using the back of a spoon.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Italian Tomato Sauce. Be the first to review it!