Italian Tomato Sauce
Italian Tomato Sauce Preparation
1. Heat the Olive oil in a Large frying pan until very hot.
2. Add onions and stir until soft and slightly brown.Turn down the heat and add the garlic and Red wine. Leave for 1-2 mins.
3. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, and bay leaves, turn the heat down and leave to simmer for approx 5 mins stirring occasionally. If using fresh tomatoes allow them to reduce slowly, this will take approx 20 mins.
4. Once mixture has simmered add puree and stir in, simmer for a further 5 mins.
5. Remove from the heat and cool. Sauce can be refrigerated for use later on, If using for Pizza topping use a blender until smooth and spread on pizza using the back of a spoon.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Italian Tomato Sauce. Be the first to review it!
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven