Ready in 45 minutes
Jalapeno peppers stuffed w/ crab and smoked cheddar, and wrapped in bacon
"Really good!! Not hard to make at all, used a oyster shucker to clean out the jalapeños. Didn't really taste the crab too much but overall really yummy!! It gave me a few ideas to oomph them up next time!! Thanks again!!"- Shanniebaby77
499 people want to try | 684 have favorited
1. Cut tops off of peppers. Hollow out peppers - I use a crab pick under running water and that works really well. If you don't have a crab pick, you can try any manner of thin knives or small spoons.
2. Grate cheese and put into a small bowl. Drain the canned crab very well. Mix the crab with the cheese - there should be an even mixture of crab and cheese.
3. Using your fingers and, if necessary, the blunt end of a chop stick, stuff the crab and cheese mixture into the peppers.
4. Wrap each pepper with a strip of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
5. Bake peppers on a rack that has been set in a pan, so the bacon grease can drip into the pan. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
yvonne1965 9 months agoI will be trying this soon.
SonyaN 10 months agoWe made these last year (2012) for the Super Bowl. Liked them so well, they are on the menu for Super Bowl 2013.
Trissa 11 month agoOther than using canned lump crab meat I prepared it exactly according to the recipe--it turned out great. It recieved great reviews from my guest!
amandageorgepelts 1 year agoPretty good! If you live jalapenos, you will live these! We used the HOT jalapenos and they were awesome!
Shanniebaby77 2 years agoReally good!! Not hard to make at all, used a oyster shucker to clean out the jalapeños. Didn't really taste the crab too much but overall really yummy!! It gave me a few ideas to oomph them up next time!! Thanks again!!
jeffmeucci 2 years agoThese were awesome! Store didn't have smoked cheddar, so we used smoked provolone instead.
Love7721 2 years agoHoly crap this sounds good!! Can't wait to try
arbpen 2 years agoYes, this does sound really good. I'll be making these for Memorial Day for sure. Thanks for posting.