Ready in 35 minutes
This recipe was given to me by a friend of mine, April. It's a wonderful recipe ... and packed with lots of great ingredients. April also adds grilled chicken to this recipe to make it more of a meal rather than a side dish. I also serve it will grilled salmon ... delicious!
"It looks a bit of a mess, at least mine did! But the combination of flavours was lovely!"- fifidella
316 people want to try | 227 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Quinoa with Red Pepper, Charred Corn and Spinach"
1. Bring Quinoa and stock to boil - cover and simmer for 15 mins, just until the stock is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
2. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking oil and place over medium heat. Saute the corn for about 8 minutes, just until browned, stirring constantly. Set aside.
3. Spray a medium non-stick skillet with cooking oil, add the vegetable oil and place over medium heat. Add the diced onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin and chili paste and saute until the onions begin to brown (about 5 minutes).
4. Add the spinach and water. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat. Stir in green onion, cilantro, feta, olive oil, lemon juice and sauteed corn.
6. Add the mixture to the quinoa and mix well.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
ChefKrissyB 1 year agoAdded some tofu and made it a main dish. Healthy and delicious!
fifidella 2 years agoIt looks a bit of a mess, at least mine did! But the combination of flavours was lovely!
j_bur 2 years agoAmazing flavours. A very nice side dish or great for lunch