Quinoa with Red Pepper, Charred Corn and Spinach
This recipe was given to me by a friend of mine, April. It's a wonderful recipe ... and packed with lots of great ingredients. April also adds grilled chicken to this recipe to make it more of a meal rather than a side dish. I also serve it will grilled salmon ... delicious!"It looks a bit of a mess, at least mine did! But the combination of flavours was lovely!" - fifidella
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 35 minutes
136 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|2 cupsStock (chicken)|
|1 1/2 cupsFrozen corn|
|1 teaspoonVegetable oil|
|1 cupOnion; diced|
|1/2 cupRed bell pepper; diced|
|2 teaspoonsGarlic; crushed|
|1/2 teaspoonCumin; ground|
|1 teaspoonChili paste|
|6 ouncesSpinach; frozen (or use fresh)|
|1/3 cupGreen onion; chopped|
|1/3 cupCilantro; chopped|
|1/3 cupFeta cheese; light|
|2 tablespoonsOlive oil|
|2 tablespoonsLemon juice|
Quinoa with Red Pepper, Charred Corn and Spinach Preparation
1. Bring Quinoa and stock to boil - cover and simmer for 15 mins, just until the stock is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
2. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking oil and place over medium heat. Saute the corn for about 8 minutes, just until browned, stirring constantly. Set aside.
3. Spray a medium non-stick skillet with cooking oil, add the vegetable oil and place over medium heat. Add the diced onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin and chili paste and saute until the onions begin to brown (about 5 minutes).
4. Add the spinach and water. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat. Stir in green onion, cilantro, feta, olive oil, lemon juice and sauteed corn.
6. Add the mixture to the quinoa and mix well.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?