8 people want to try | 13 have favorited
1. Coarsley mash 1 1/2 cups off the strawberries with 1/3 cuo sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining berries and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla. Let stand at room temperaure.
2. Heat oven to 425F. Line large baking sheet wut parchment paper or foil. Whisk flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl. With pastry blender or fingertips, cut butter into flour mixture until soze of small peas. Combine buttermilk and 1/2 cup cream; stir into flour mixture just until dough forms.
3. Spoon dough into 8 mounds about 2-3" apat on a baking sheet. Pat into 3" rounds about 1" thick; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
4. Bake for 10-12 ,inutes or until shortcakes are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack until slightly warm.
5. Beat all whipped cream ingredients in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Split shortcakes, fill with berries and whipped cream.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Best Strawberry Shortcakes. Be the first to review it!