Deep-fried Sea Bass with Chili Sauce
This dish is rather good. The fish is just dusted in seasoned flour, deep-fried, then served with deep-fried sliced garlic, shallots, lime leaves, cashew nuts and basil, and a hot and sweet chilli sauce.
Serve with noodles.
Yield: 2 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 2 people 0 people want to try
|-- Fried Fish --|
|4 eaSeabass; about 350g each, cleaned and prepped|
|50 gramsFlour, All Purpose; seasoned with salt and pepper|
|5 literOil, Sunflower; for deep frying|
|-- Chili Sauce --|
|2 tablespoonsGarlic; finely chopped|
|2 largeChilies, Red; finely chopped|
|2 tablespoonsOil, Sunflower|
|2 tablespoonsSugar, Muscovado; or palm sugar|
|3 tablespoonsNam Pla|
|1 tablespoonTamarind; or lime juice|
|-- Garnishes --|
|4 eaShallot; sliced|
|2 eaGarlic Cloves; thinly sliced|
|50 gramsNuts, Cashew; halved|
|2 eaKaffir Lime Leaves; shredded (optional)|
|25 gramsBasil, Fresh|
Deep-fried Sea Bass with Chili Sauce Preparation
1. For the sauce, pound together the garlic and chillies in a pestle and mortar until they form a coarse paste.
2a. Heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the garlic and chilli paste and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar, fish sauce and tamarind water or lemon juice, bring to a simmer and keep warm.
2b. As an alternative, put the oil in the induction kenwood and heat to 140?C (about a minute), then put the garlic and chili paste in and fry for a minute wth the squeegee tool. Turn the heat off, throw the sugar in and then add the fishs auce, tamarind solution and the leomon juice.
3. Next prepare the garnishes. Fill a pan large enough to accommodate the fish about one-third full with sunflower oil. Heat to 190?C / 375?F or until a small piece of white bread dropped into it browns and rises to the surface in 1 minute.
4. Add the sliced shallots, garlic and cashew nuts and fry for 2 minutes. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper Add the shredded lime leaves, if using, and the basil leaves and fry for about 30 seconds. Drain and set aside.
5. Rinse the fish and pat dry. Coat in the seasoned flour and deep-fry, one at a time, for 5-6 minutes (or only 4 minutes iuf you are using single sea-bass fillets), until crisp and golden. Lift out, drain briefly on kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the remaining fish.
6. Put the fish on 4 warmed plates and spoon over the sauce. Scatter with the garnishes and serve.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Deep-fried Sea Bass with Chili Sauce Reviews
Awesome again. Even Emily liked it. Need fresh oil every time.
3 months, 1 weeks, 4 days, 15 hours, 32 minutes ago
Awesome. Best to make the sauce in the induction kenwood.
4 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 16 hours, 18 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven