Ready in 45 minutes
If you love the crumbs more than the cake (and frankly who doesn't), this is just for you!! This is coffee cake NEW YORK STYLE!
"If you like Starbucks Classic Coffee Cake like I do, you will absolutely love this one. Its moist and crumbly !!!!! Absolutely fantastic !!!!!!!!!!"- rickgoranson
396 people want to try | 470 have favorited
1. Cube the chilled butter. Cut down length wise twice, and then width wise (this makes the perfect size)
2. Stir together Flour, Salt and add Cubed Chilled Butter. Cut into flour with a pastry blender until you have medium fine crumbs. Add Sugar, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon and stir well.
3. Take 4 cups of that Crumb Mixture and place in another bowl. Add Melted Butter and stir until blended. Then take your fingers and Fluff the crumbs
4. To the remaining crumb base add Ginger, Nutmeg, Cloves and Baking Soda. Then add Vanilla, Buttermilk and Egg and beat until you have a smooth THICK batter.
5. Grease 9x13 pan and spread the batter evenly into pan
6. Sprinkle the crumb mixture on top.
7. Bake @ 350* for 40 – 45 minutes
8. Cool COMPLETELY!!! On a wire rack
9. Then dust with Powdered Sugar
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
warchild0902 2 months agoThis was a fantastic crumb cake. Made it for my work and my husbands and it got rave reviews!
rickgoranson 10 months agoI love this Crumb-ey Coffee Cake !!!!
rickgoranson 1 year agoIf you like Starbucks Classic Coffee Cake like I do, you will absolutely love this one. Its moist and crumbly !!!!! Absolutely fantastic !!!!!!!!!!
turlylocks 2 years agoYum! I will definitely make this again!!!
ReignCoots 2 years agoAlmost 3 full sticks of butter...I don't think more needs to be said, frankly. Wonderful!
Rsnetzel 2 years agoVery good and definitely a crumb lovers dream!
Love7721 2 years agoI posted this recipe