Almost No-Knead Bread
Almost No-Knead Bread Preparation
- Whisk flour, yeast and salt in large bowl
- Add water, beer and vinegar using rubber spatula, fold mixture scraping up dry flour from bottom until shaggy ball forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temp for 8-18 hours
- Lay a 12x18 inch sheet of parchment paper inside a 10 inch skillet and spray with nonstick spray
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface and knead 10-15 times.
- Shape dough into a ball by pulling edges to the middle
- Transfer to parchment seam side down, and spray surface of dough with nonstick spray
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise at room temp until dough is doubled in size (about 2 hours)
- About 30 min before baking adjust the oven rack to the lowest position, place a 6-8 quart heavy bottomed dutch oven with lid on rack and heat oven to 500
- Lightly flour top of dough and cut one 6 inch long 1/2 inch deep slit along top of dough
- remove pan from oven remove lid and carefully place the dough into the dutch oven lifting by the corners of the parchment paper
- Cover pot and return to oven reduce heat to 425
- Bake covered for 30 min
- remove lid and continue to bake until loaf is deep brown and thermometer reads 210 (about 20 min)
- remove bread to wire rack and let cool
-=VARRIENT WITH ROSEMARY AND PARMESAN=-
- Follow the recipe adding 4 ounces finely grated parmesan and 1 tablespoon rosemary to flour mixture in step 1
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Almost No-Knead Bread. Be the first to review it!