30 people want to try | 25 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Mac-n-Cheese with Asparagus and Tomato"
- Mix all topping ingredients and preheat broiler set with top-middle rack
- Bring water to boil for pasta in a large sauce pan add 1 t. salt to water
- add asparagus and pasta and cook until pasta is still just shy of aldente
- drain in colander and set aside
- While pasta is cooking heat a dutch oven on med heat, add bacon and cook till crispy
- remove bacon to paper towel on plate
- remove all but 1T grease.
- Add onion to pan and cook till tender about 5 min
- Add butter and stir till foamy
- Wisk in flour and continue to stir until golden brown
- gradually wisk in evaporated milk and broth
- bring to boil over med-high heat
- simmer for 5 min or till thickened stirring constantly
- Stir in cheese and 1/2t salt and pepper
- remove from heat wisk in egg yokes
- return pasta, asparagus bacon, tomato and chives to pot
- stir and transfer into a broiler safe casserole dish
- sprinkle with topping and broil until browned 3-5 min
There are no reviews yet for Mac-n-Cheese with Asparagus and Tomato. Be the first to review it!
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!