Bacon-Cheese Stuffed Shells
Verified by SunnyJF
|24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells|
|1 cupfresh mushrooms; chopped|
|1 cuponion; finely chopped|
|1 1/2 cupsricotta cheese|
|1 package (8 oz)cream cheese; softened|
|1 1/2 cupsAsiago cheese; shredded|
|1 cupParmesan cheese; shredded|
|1 cupcooked bacon; crumbled|
|1 Tbspfresh parsley; minced|
|1/2 tspgarlic salt|
|1/2 tspground nutmeg|
|2 Tbspall-purpose flour|
|2 cupsheavy whipping cream|
|1/2 cupchicken broth|
|1/2 cup2% milk|
|2 cupsRomano cheese; shredded|
|1 1/2 cupspart-skim mozzarella cheese; shredded|
Bacon-Cheese Stuffed Shells Preparation
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
3) In a large bowl, beat ricotta and 4 ounces cream cheese until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, Parmesan cheese, bacon, 1 tablespoon parsley, garlic salt, nutmeg, pepper and mushroom mixture. Spoon into shells; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
4) In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the cream, broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
5) Stir in Romano cheese and the remaining cream cheese, Asiago and parsley. Pour over shells. 6) Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Bacon-Cheese Stuffed Shells. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.