Grown-Up Birthday Cake
Tips: Line your cake pans with parchment circles to make sure the layers turn out without a hitch. And if you run into any trouble with lumps in the frosting, just whisk like mad till it smooths out.
Yield: Ready in 45 minutes
1 people trying soon
|2 1/2 cupsAP flour|
|1 tablespoonbaking soda|
|2 cupsgranulated sugar|
|1 cupwhite wine or muscat|
|1 cupolive oil|
|7 ounces raspberry jam; preferably homemade, but I used Bonne Maman or apricot jam|
|bittersweet; chocolate buttercream icing:|
|1/2 cupunsalted butter; softened|
|1 cupconfectioners sugar|
|1/2 cupDutch processed cocoa|
|1/4 cupwhole milk|
Grown-Up Birthday Cake Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Butter and lightly flour nine-inch cake pans. Line with parchment
3. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
4. In a standing mixer, blend sugar and eggs on med-high for a minute. Slowly mix in vanilla, wine, and oil.
5. Gently fold dry ingredients into cake batter until smooth.
6. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until cake tester comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
7. Spread jam on one layer; then top with the other. Frost top layer with icing.
1. Blend butter and sugar. Fold in cocoa and gradually add milk until it starts to look like icing. Mix in vanilla.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Grown-Up Birthday Cake. Be the first to review it!