Bean Noodle Soup
An Asian inspired noodle soup with veggies and leftovers. You don't need all the listed ingredients. Measurements are not listed since it really is what you want and what you have on hand. Ingredients are listed for inspiration.
Yield: Servings Ready in 45 minutes
0 people trying soon
|1-2 cupchicken, beef or pork; cut thin/bite sized (leftovers)|
|asparagus; cut bitesize (leftover)|
|scallions; cut small on a bias|
|2 dried shiitake mushrooms; soaked until soft and thinly sliced|
|button mushrooms; sliced thin|
|dried bean noodles|
|nappa cabbage; cut thin|
|red pepper flakes|
|chicken or vegetable broth|
Bean Noodle Soup Preparation
1. In a pot bring equal parts broth and water to a low boil
2. Prepare the vegetables and meat. They should be cut small so they cook quickly.
3. When the broth is simmering, add the carrots so they can cook through (a few minutes).
4. Add a little soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and grated ginger to taste.
5. To each bowl add noodles (if you like you can pre-soften the noodles according tot he package directions), meat & vegetables.
6. Pour broth into each bowl and cover. Let stand until everything is heated through and the noodles are soft.
I don't use both kinds of mushrooms. I just use whichever type I happen to have on hand. This also works well with thin rice noodles.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Bean Noodle Soup. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.