Pork & Shrimp Noodles (Tsao Mi Fun)
Verified by cferrara
|1/2 poundpork loin; thinly sliced|
|1/4 cupsoy sauce|
|1/4 cuprice wine|
|5 mushrooms; thinly sliced|
|8 ouncesvermicelli noodles|
|1/4 cupvegetable oil|
|2 Eggs; beaten|
|1 clovegarlic; minced|
|8 shrimp; cooked|
|2 carrots; thinly sliced into matchsticks|
|1/2 onion; chopped|
|3 cupsbean sprouts|
|4 leavesasian cabbage|
|3 sprigsfresh cilantro|
|1 teaspoonwhite pepper|
|1 teaspoonchinese five spice powder|
Pork & Shrimp Noodles (Tsao Mi Fun) Preparation
1. Place the pork into a mixing bowl and pour in the soy sauce and rice wine. Sprinkle with white pepper, five spice powder and cornstarch. Mix well then set aside to marinate.
2. Soak the vermicelli noodles in hot tap water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and cook until firm, flipping once to make a pancake. Remove the egg pancake and allow to cool, then thinly slice and place in a large bowl.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over high heat. Stir in the garlic, then the pork and marinade. cook until the pork is no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Stir in teh carrots and onion and cook until the carrots begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Finally, add the bean sprouts, cabbage shrimp and mushrooms, cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes more. Scrape the pork mixture into the bowl along with the eggs, then wipe out the wok and return it to the stove over medium high heat.
5. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok, then stir in the drained noodles. Cook and stir for a few minutes then stir in the pork mixture. Serve garnished with cilantro.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Pork & Shrimp Noodles (Tsao Mi Fun) Reviews
The marinated pork gives this noodle dish an amazing flavor.
1 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.