Very Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
Verified by twojocks
|1 8 ozpackage cream cheese; softened|
|2 TBLStrawberry Preserves|
|1 TBLShredded Orange Zest|
|1 cuphalf and half|
|2 TBLfrozen orange juice concentrate thawed|
|1 1/2 tspvanilla extract|
|8 slices Texas Toast style bread|
|Sliced Fresh Strawberries; (optional)|
|Powdered Sugar; (optional)|
Very Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Preparation
1. In a small mixing bow, stir together softened cream cheese, strawberry preserves and orange zest until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, orange juice concentrate and vanilla extract. Pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate. Set aside
3. With a paring knife, slice a pocket into the side of each bread slice (DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BREAD). Fill bread slices with a heaping spoonful of the cream cheese mixture.
4. In a skillet, melt some butter over medium heat. Dip filled bread in egg mixture and turn to coat. Brown for 1 to 2 minutes per side in hot butter.
5. Serve hot with strawberry syrup, sliced fresh strawberries and powdered sugar.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Very Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Reviews
I posted this recipe
1 years, 11 months, 1 weeks, 6 days, 14 hours, 53 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: