No Joke Artichoke & Spinach Dip
Don't laugh! This tantalizing hot artichoke and spinach recipe has ALL the flavor and less of the fattening fillers so frequently lurking in other popular dips. It's sure to be met with good humor at your next cocktail party or holiday gathering. No joke!
1 people want to try | 0 have favorited
|1/4 cupolive oil|
|1 tablespoonbutter; or substitute|
|1 cupscallions; thinly sliced|
|3 clovesgarlic; minced|
|1/2 cupall-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 cupchicken stock|
|1 1/2 cupheavy cream|
|2 lemons; juice of|
|1 cupPepper Jack cheese; shredded|
|1/2 cupParmesan cheese; grated|
|1/2 cupsundried tomatoes; very finely processed|
|1 teaspoonnutmeg; ground|
|1/4 teaspooncayenne powder|
|14 ouncesfrozen spinach; well-drained, chopped|
|14 ouncesartichoke bottoms; diced|
No Joke Artichoke & Spinach Dip Preparation
1. Chop, juice, shred, grate, mince, grind, dice all ingredients before you begin.
2. In a large pot heat oil and butter on medium till mixture shimmers. Add scallions and garlic. Stir 3-5 mins.
3. Add flour, stir, about 7 mins.
4. Add stock carefully, whisk to combine till smooth and mixture simmers.
5. Stir in cream, return to simmer. Remove from heat.
6. Add lemon juice, Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, nutmeg, cayenne powder, combine thoroughly.
7. Stir in spinach. Stir in artichoke bottoms. Add Pepper Jack. Stir all till combined.
8. Serve hot.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for No Joke Artichoke & Spinach Dip. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven