Oreos do not give me a reason for living. But these cupcakes do. The cookies work so well in a cupcake. I had some Oreos uneaten left over and wanted to put them in cupcake form. I whipped up a batch of chocolate cupcakes, with additional Oreo crumbs in it, and voila."these were a huge hit. kept it simply by adding the 20 crushed oreos to store bought chocolate cake batter and baking, then making the frosting. which by the way is delicious with the cream cheese... yum! added another 20 oreos to the frosting which is probably excessive to anyone else but they were delish and everyone loved them!" - jennyarceo
Yield: 24 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
839 people trying soon
Verified by horikor
|1.5 cupsplain flour|
|1/2 cupcocoa powder|
|4 teaspoonsbaking powder|
|1 cupcastor sugar|
|160 gramsunsalted butter; melted (5.5 oz.)|
|1 teaspoonvanilla extract|
|20 eachoreo cookies; coarsley chopped|
|220 gramscream cheese; (8 oz.)|
|6 tablespoonsunsalted butter|
|1 tablespoonsvanilla extract|
|4 cupsicing sugar|
|2 tablespoonsdouble cream|
|24 eachoreo halves, cream on, to garnish|
Oreo Cupcakes Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F). Line 24 cupcake wells.
2. Add all the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and beat on low speed until blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat on medium speed for two minutes.
3. Half fill each cupcake well with the mixture and bake for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before frosting.
1. Combine cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the vanilla and icing sugar and blend until smooth.
2. Beat the double cream until incorporated and then up the speed to medium high. Beat for 4 minutes until whipped.
3. Mix in the Oreo crumbs.
Pipe the icing onto each cupcake as desired, adding an oreo half to each one.
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature when baking.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Oreo Cupcakes Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.