1 people want to try | 0 have favorited
1. Mix together the ingredients for the barbecue spice rub, and set 1 teaspoon aside for the glaze. Put the ribs, 1 at a time, onto a large baking tray and sprinkle all over with the remaining spice rub. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
2. For the sweet and spicy glaze, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
3. If using a charcoal barbecue, light it about 30 minutes before you want to cook. If using a gas barbecue, preheat it 10 minutes beforehand. Rearrange the coals or turn off the middle burner for indirect cooking.
4. Put the ribs onto the rack of the barbecue, bony-side down, making sure they are not directly over the heat. Cover with a lid and barbecue over an indirect medium heat for 30 minutes each side, until the ribs are tender and a deep reddish-brown.
5. Uncover the ribs and brush generously with the sweet and spicy glaze. Cook for 10 minutes, turn and brush with more glaze. Cook for a final 10 minutes or until nicely caramelised and sticky - brush with the remaining glaze.
6. Lift the ribs onto a board, brush once more with the glaze, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Using a large, sharp knife, cut between the bones to separate the ribs. Serve with the coleslaw and baked potatoes.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Alabama pork ribs with a sweet and spicy glaze. Be the first to review it!
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!