Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
A tangy yet spicy pasta dish with chicken in a creamy tequila sauce. (Inspired by California Pizza Kitchen dish!)"Good recipe. The combination of the lime juice, red onions, and various peppers lend it a nice sweetness/tartness." - dakotarussell
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
488 people trying soon
Verified by SunnyJF
|1 poundDry Spinach Fettuccine|
|1/2 cupFresh Cilantro; chopped|
|2 tablespoonsFresh Garlic; minced|
|2 tablespoonsJalapeno; chopped|
|3 tablespoonsButter; unsalted|
|1/2 cupChicken Stock|
|2 tablespoonsGold Tequila|
|2 tablespoonsFresh Squeezed Lime Juice|
|3 tablespoonsSoy Sauce|
|1 1/4 poundChicken Breast; skin removed|
|1/4 mediumRed Onion; sliced|
|1 wholeRed Bell Pepper; sliced|
|1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper; sliced|
|1/2 Green Bell Pepper; sliced|
|1 1/2 cupsHeavy Cream|
Chicken Tequila Fettuccine Preparation
1. Prepare rapidly boiling, salted water to cook pasta; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes for dry pasta, approximately 3 minutes for fresh. Pasta may be cooked slightly ahead of time, rinsed and oiled and then “flashed” (reheated) in boiling water or cooked to coincide with the finishing of the sauce/topping.
2. Cook 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste like consistency; set
California Pizza Kitchen Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
1 pound dry spinach fettuccine (or 2 pounds fresh) 1/2 C. chopped fresh cilantro (2 tablespoons reserved for garnish/finish) 2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
2 Tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper
3. Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat. When the vegetables have wilted (become limp), add chicken and soy sauce; toss and add reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
4. Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (about 3 minutes). When sauce is done, toss with well-drained spinach fettuccine and reserved cilantro.
5. Serve family style or transfer to serving dishes, evenly distributing chicken and vegetables.
Be sure the cilantro/lime mixture is well reduced
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?