28 people want to try | 33 have favorited
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven until shimmering. Add onions, tomato paste, 6 garlic cloves, oregano, pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until golden, about 8 minutes.
2. Transfer half of onion mixture to large bowl; set aside. Add wine to the pot with the remaining onion mixture. Cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, then transfer to the slow cooker.
3. Add 1/2 cup parmesan, the mozzarella, sausage, eggs, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and remianing garlic to the bowl with reserved onions. Mash until smooth. Add the beef and cream and knead until well combined. Form into twelve 2-inch meatballs.
4. Microwave the meatballs on a large plate until the fat renders and the meatballs are firm, 4 to 7 minutes. Nestle the meatballs into the slow cooker, discarding the rendered fat. Cover and cook on low until meatballs are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, 4 to 5 hours.
5. Skim the fat. Stir in the basil and remaining 1/2 cup parmesan. Season with salt.
Raw meatballs and sauce can be refrigerated separately up to 24 hours in advance. When ready to cook, add sauce to slow cooker and microwave meatlballs before adding them to the slow cooker. Add an additional hour to the cooking time.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Meatballs and Marinara. Be the first to review it!
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!