Burmese Catfish Bowl
|1 cuponion; thin sliced|
|1 cupcelery hearts; thin sliced|
|1 cupChinese cabbage; shredded|
|1 tablespoonfresh ginger; minced|
|1 tablespoongarlic; minced|
|1 tablespooncurry powder|
|1 teaspooncelery salt|
|2 quartschicken stock|
|2 Lbcatfish fillets; 3/4" squares|
|1/4 cuplime juice; fresh|
|1 tablespoondark sesame oil|
|2 tablespoonscilantro; or basil leaves, coarsely chopped|
Burmese Catfish Bowl Preparation
* Mix catfish pieces, lime juice and red pepper flakes in a shallow dish.
* Heat sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
* Add onion, celery, cabbage, ginger and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
* Sprinkle with curry powder and celery salt.
* Reduce heat to medium and saute for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
* Add chicken stock; bring to a boil over high heat.
* Stir in catfish mixture.
* Bring to another boil, reduce heat to medium and season with soy sauce.
* Simmer for 3 minutes or until catfish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
* Place mounds of rice in the center of large soup bowls.
* Ladle the soup over rice.
* Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro or basil leaves and serve.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Burmese Catfish Bowl. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven