Pasta with Red Sauce
Pasta with Red Sauce Preparation
1.Bring 3-4 quarts lightly salted water to a boil in a large pot.
2. Add whole wheat spaghetti and return to a boil.
3. Cook pasta 8-10 minutes, until al dente; remove from heat, drain into colander.
4. While water is coming to a boil, chop onion into small dice.
5. In a 3 quart pot, add homemade sauce (thawed if needed), jarred sauce and onions.
6. Warm over medium heat until sauce just starts to bubble. Reduce heat to a simmer.
7. Place warm spaghetti in pasta bowls, top with red sauce. Serve at once.
Minced garlic, sauteed mushroom, fresh grated parmigiana, Romano, or asiago cheese garnish are all nice additions to dress up this simple sauce.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Pasta with Red Sauce. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven