Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Dipping Sauce
Crunchy and Dreamy"Pina Colada mix can be found at any grocery store where you would find coconut milk or drink mixes. I think Walmart even has it. You can also find it at liquor stores. It's a premade mix for Pina Colada drinks (non alcoholic)" - Love7721
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
242 people trying soon
Verified by SunnyJF
|1 cupplain bread crumbs|
|1/4 cupcorn starch; (mix with coconut and bread crumbs)|
|1 cupsweetened coconut flakes|
|1/2 cuppina colada mix|
|1 TBLpowdered sugar|
|3 TBLCaptain Morgan Spiced Rum|
|1/2 cupcorn starch|
|vegetable oil for deep frying|
|1/2 lblarge shrimp; (butterflied)|
|Pina Colada Dipping Sauce|
|1 cuppina colada mix|
|2 TBLcrushed pineapple; (drained)|
|1 TBLsweetened coconut flakes; PLUS|
|1 tspsweetened coconut flakes|
|3 TBLpowered sugar; PLUS|
|1 tsppowered sugar|
|1 1/2 tspcorn starch|
|3 tspcold water|
Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Dipping Sauce Preparation
1. Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside.
2. Combine Pina Colada mix, powdered sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Place 1/2 cup cornstarch in a separate bowl.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Oil is ready for frying shrimp with it reaches 375(F) degrees.
5. Coat shrimp first in corn starch, then into the Pina Colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs, coconut mixture. Second coating place back into Pina Colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture.
6. Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, remove from fryer and drain.
PINA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE
1. Mix Pina Colada Mix, water,crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a sauce pan. Heat on medium low temperature until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently. Let mixture simmer slowly 10-12 minutes.
2.Mix cornstarch and water together, add to sauce and blend well. Let mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes longer while stirring during and after adding cornstarch. Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
Sauce is served at room temperature with Shrimp
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Coconut Shrimp with Pina Colada Dipping Sauce Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.