Ready in 1 hour
This is from Paula Deen, so you know it's good. You could add bacon to it. Maybe some red bell pepper. AWESOME for breakfast
"Liked this alot! Used bisquick for flour, added caramelized onions. Also put a slice of mozza on top, and topped off with a slightly smaller disc of crispy edged crepe, making for melty yumminess! Ridiculousy good, though next time I might use half the amount of salt since extra cheese made it unnecessary for me."- redfireysunset
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Spinach
488 people want to try | 470 have favorited
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Unwrap the spinach and put it, box and all, on a plate. Microwave and cook on high power for 4 minutes. Allow it to cool and remove it from the box. Squeeze out all of the liquid out of the spinach and put it into a medium bowl.
3. Combine the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, Parmesan, flour, salt, and pepper, in a medium bowl. Stir together, or blend in food processor until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the spinach. Add the Cheddar and blend with a spoon until well mixed.
5. Pour the spinach mixture into the baking dish and smooth out the top.
6. Bake until set, about 45 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven. It will be puffed up, but will fall slightly as it cools.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Krimac06 2 months agoLove this one - added bacon, mushrooms. Left out the cottage cheese. Easy and yummy!
Skelley3368 5 months agoEasy to make. It made a nice light supper with fresh fruit.
warrickd 7 months agoAmazing! I made mine in a crust & added Swiss, Mushrooms & diced Ham in addition to spinach.
Lyre 11 month ago
BondsRUp 11 month agoVery good and easy to make! Next time will add an extra egg. Some type of crust to offset richness could be interesting too. Thanks!
Ange325 1 year agoVery tasty and easy to make.
redfireysunset 1 year agoLiked this alot! Used bisquick for flour, added caramelized onions. Also put a slice of mozza on top, and topped off with a slightly smaller disc of crispy edged crepe, making for melty yumminess! Ridiculousy good, though next time I might use half the amount of salt since extra cheese made it unnecessary for me.
darkurth 1 year agoLove it! Though I must admit I thought it tasted more like a delicious omelette than quiche. Love that it's simple to make, tastes nice and my 9 month old who normally refuses spinach laps this up. Not quiche in my opinion but will definitely make again.
Barbieh11 1 year agoOutstanding! I did not use flour and used low fat on all cheese products except the parm. Delicious, will make over and over again!
jaimegoodecarter 1 year agoI have made this recipe several times using light sour cream, fat free cottage cheese and 2% shredded cheddar. I absolutely love it and my 3 kids, ages 2, 6 and 7, gobbled it up and asked for seconds! Thanks so much!
kailabandy 1 year agoVery good and easy to make
wkwjmu 2 years agoMade this on Sunday for a pre-football brunch. It was a big hit. I actually used shredded mexican cheddar mix instead of plain, regular chedder. Easy to add peppers too for an added kick. Great easy cheesy recipe.
Love7721 2 years agoI posted this recipe