Ready in 45 minutes
Old fashioned tapioca without the work! Makes a huge batch!
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Tapioca
15 people want to try | 16 have favorited
1. combine milk & sugar in crock pot.
2. Add tapioca
3. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours
4. Lightly beat eggs and vanilla. Add I cup of hot milk mixture from crock pot to eggs and combine.
5. Quickly stir egg/vanilla mixture into the rest of the hot milk mixture in the crock pot.
6. Cook on HIGH for an additional 20 minutes.
7. Serve warm or chill (I like to ladle into several smaller containers while it is still warm)
1. It is important to add the cup of hot milk mixture into your egg/vanilla mix before adding to the crockpot. This makes sure the eggs do not cook instantly when you add them to the crockpot.
2. If you have trouble finding regular tapioca in the grocery store (my stores only carry minute tapioca in the box) try an oriental grocery store. They have lots of varieties to choose from.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
lasouris 1 year agoThe ease of the recipe was great and the flavor was acceptable, something easily adaptable to personal prefence. However the texture, consistency or color was no where close to how I remember my grandmother's (traditional) tapioca pudding - soft, creamy & white. This turned out to be very dense, gummy & YELLOW! I actually had to cut pieces for serving! As for color, that, I'm sure, was due to so many eggs (something I will decrease by half or more). I followed the recipe verbatum & will try this recipe again; however next time will play around with the length of the cooking time; tapioca pearls (I used small) to liquid ratio; &/or heat setting (I used High on a 5 qt pot).