0 people want to try | 1 have favorited
1. Put the garlic, green chillies and water into the container of an electric blender. Blend to a paste.
2. Put 3/4 of the oil in a large frying pan and set over a high heat. When hot put in the cumin seeds and black onion seeds. 10 seconds later, put in the onions. Stir and fry until the onions turn a redsish-brown.
3. Add the opaste from the blender and stir fry 2-3 minutes.
4. Put in 1 tablespoon of the yoghurt. Stir and cook until the yoghurt is incorporated into the sauce. Put in a second tablespoon and incorporate into the sauce in the same way. Do this with all the yoghurt.
5 Now put in the tomatoes. Stir and cook for a minute. Turn down heat to medium and cook cook for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Add the salt, garam masala and cayenne. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add about 80ml water (for 2 people) and bring to a simmer. Turn off heat. This is the sauce. Leave it in the frying pan.
8. Shortly before eating pat the liver dry with kitchen paper. Sprinkle a little salt and a lot of black pepper on both sides of the slices of liver.
9. Put the remaining oil into a clean, preferably, non stick frying pan and set over high heat.
10. When very hot, put in the slices of liver in a single layer. As soon as one side has browned, turn the slices over and brown the second side. Do not let the liver cook through and get hard.
11. Remove the liver to a board and cut into 1cm cubes.
12, Set the sauce over a medium heta. When hot, put in the liver pieces and the fresh coriander. Simmer for 1 minute, stirring once or twice.
Served with "Dry" potatoes with ginger and garlic.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Calves' Liver in a gingery sauce. Be the first to review it!
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!