That's Some Kind of Tuna Casserole
Here's one chicken-of-the-sea casserole that will light your fire! Mexican cheesiness, pimiento and a pinch of chili powder transform a traditional tuna and shells dish into an explosion of ai-yi-yi!"Very tasty casserole! Not your typical tuna noodle casserole of old. i made a few changes. i used shallot versus vidalia onion. i omitted the capers and lemon juice and added one tsp. of worchestershire sauce. Great recipe!! i will surely add more chipotle next time!" - baklavaglue
Yield: 8 Servings Ready in 40 minutes
31 people trying soon
Verified by cferrara
|1 1/2 tablespoonolive oil|
|1 mediumVidalia onion; processed semi-fine|
|1 tablespoonkosher salt|
|2 tablespoonslemon juice|
|8-10 ounceslarge shell pasta; cooked 2/3 of recommended time|
|1/4 teaspoonchipotle chili powder|
|3 tablespoonssweet pimento; processed rough|
|10 3/4 ouncescream of mushroom soup|
|3 tablespoonscapers; and marinade|
|2 tablespoonsapple cider vinegar|
|12 ouncestuna in water|
|4 ouncesshredded mexican cheese blend; queso quesadilla; asadero; cheddar|
|2 tablespoonscrushed black pepper|
That's Some Kind of Tuna Casserole Preparation
1. Boil water in medium-size pot, add kosher salt. Add pasta, cook 2/3 of recommended time, drain, set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-medium high heat. Add onion, brown for a few minutes.
3. Add chili powder, combine with onion.
4. Add cider vinegar to onion and chili powder, stir.
5. Add to this the mushroom soup, milk, pimiento, capers and stir all till bubbling over medium heat. Remove from heat, set aside.
6. Coat a 9x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
7. To the baking dish, add pasta, tuna, and cheese. Stir together using two forks till all is evenly distributed.
8. Sprinkle black pepper over the top.
9. Now pour skillet mixture over this so evenly covered in the baking dish.
9. Heat butter till melted, add breadcrumbs, stir. Distribute breadcrumbs over top of mixture in baking dish. You do not need to completely cover entire top surface of the casserole.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
11. Serve with a light side salad. Enjoy.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
That's Some Kind of Tuna Casserole Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.